Disasters make 14 million people homeless each year – UN
- Poor nations suffer most deaths, economic pain from wild weather
- Indian child brides sold in ‘package deals’ to men from Gulf states
- Barcelona’s African street traders swap crime for craft
- Campaigners set sights on marital rape after India child bride ruling
- Bunch of old bananas or building materials of the future?
Eight of the ten countries with the highest levels of displacement and housing loss are in South and Southeast Asia
LONDON, Oct 12 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – About 14 million people are being made homeless on average each year as a result of sudden disasters such as floods and storms, new figures show.